We’re a research group based in the Engineering Education department at Purdue University composed of engineering education researchers who enjoy defying categorization and bridging boundaries so much that we’ve turned it into an area of study.
Our work looks at:
- Cross-disciplinary/multidisciplinary practice: ways of thinking, acting, and being.
- Design practice: how people engage in and learn design.
- Everyday engineering practice: epistemologies at home, school, and work.
- Education practice: bridging the gap between engineering education research and how engineering is actually taught.
- Building research capacity: helping others become cross-disciplinary thinkers and engineering education researchers.